Friday, March 14, 2008
New look, new talents and a brand new stage sets the tone for an exciting night of performances. I must admit the jitters did get to a few of them but overall it was highly entertaining and one of the best Top 12 ever to grace American Idol.

The surprise for me of the night had to be David Archuleta forgetting the lyrics thus having a memorable night for all the wrong reasons. That being said, I'm sure his gigantic fan base will see him through to the next round for sure.

The weaker or safe efforts of the night besides D.Archuleta in my opinion would be David Hernandez, Kristy Lee Cook and surprisingly Ramiele Malubay who is one of my personal favorite.

Now comes the performances that blew the new roof off, first was Chikezie who sang 'She's a Woman' with a whole new vibe and funk to it. A huge risk that obviously paid off from the applaud of the crowd and judge's feedback. He looked remarkably comfortable on stage and really let loose.



Next was the back to back performances of Carly Smithson and David Cook. They really showed they mean business and sang their hearts out. Vocally Carly is fantastic as usual and David picked the perfect song to add his flavor to it. I also have to add that David Cook's interview was the best of the lot as well. He really oozes with confident and charisma which probably comes with his age. Out of both of them, I decided to showcase David's performance here cause I feel he did heck of a job on it.

Labels: ,

 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 02:25 |


0 Comments: