Monday, March 26, 2007
I just do not understand the qualms and fuss these so called neighbors of Mr. Genshiro Kawamoto's properties. They are accusing him of intentionally trying to drive down the properties value so he can buy more. This is absurd since I have personally lived in the island of Oahu for 2 years and I can tell you that Hawaii's properties (more so for those located on Oahu) rarely go down which is somewhat like the properties in Penang island.

There are just so much land to build upon especially after taking out all the preserved areas which means only the mega rich invests on properties in Hawaii. The normal 3 bedroom apartment I was staying in costs USD 320k then and today it's worth USD 550k after doing some checking online.

Seriously... just look at the native Hawaiians he awarded the 10yr stay on his properties to, these are good families with humble jobs such as teachers. I'm pretty sure Mr. Kawamoto or his advisers would have ensure they picked the best families too since I'm sure they are also concern for the maintenance of the property.

Anyways heres to Mr. Kawamoto for his generosity and giving back to the community although its not his native country which makes it an even more amazing gift of the heart.

Labels:

 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 01:38 |


1 Comments:


At May 3, 2007 at 6:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

I totally agree. What a generous gift! I'm sure this absolutely will help uplift the lives of those families given the opportunity!