Tuesday, December 19, 2006
I have been searching all over the internet for a good and easy solution to adding categories to my Blogger site and it seems there are many techniques available although some are quite complicated to say the least for a noobie like myself when it comes to html and script editing.

With the launch of Blogger BETA, they have implemented Labelling to each post where you enter them at the bottom panel each time you create a new post. So far I think this is the simplest solution till Blogger develop a more comprehensive one in the near future.

Here is the step-by-step way of doin it:
1. Set the Labels for each post in the bottomframe of the post editor
2. Publish post
3. Add Labels to sidebar via Page Element tab under Template tab

* Important to Note
- You have to be using the new Beta version of Blogger
- You might have to edit all your previous posts in order to make it work well


You can have a look at how I implemented it for my Travel blog site. I had to edit the old posts to accomodate this feature and rename it Countries which is more applicable to the site:

http://asian-travel.blogspot.com/

Labels:

 
posted by Daryl W.T. Lau at 23:43 |


0 Comments: